Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm Not the Only One Who Does This Stuff...

I’ve been given some pretty fabulous gifts along the way. Last summer one of my bridesmaids (Brad’s cousin) threw me a personal shower “up north”.  I got a lot of quality, thoughtful gifts at that shower that I will probably post about again at some point. But today’s post goes to one of my mother in law’s friends who lives in Atlanta. She wasn’t able to attend the shower but she sent a practical yet fun gift all the same.

When you get married, one of the things most girls are excited about (or at least I was anyway) is getting a new monogram. I was getting a new name, new initials and getting to share that last name with the man of my dreams. So what’s more exciting than to start getting that new name/letter in your shower gift?

It started out with this…
 A beautiful little monogrammed purse with PLENTY of pockets. Trust me, this thing has gotten some major use out of it. You know as well as I do that purses are always welcome in a gal’s closet. Finding monogrammed purses online is pretty simple.

Inside this purse were goodies galore! I apologize for the lack of “newness” of this picture, but you can tell it’s been used! A monogrammed towel wrap!

This next item literally saved the reception for me. I had no idea that my low heeled dress shoes (clearance from Off Broadway, LOVE that store) were going to cause such misery when I tried to dance. These aren’t the exact flip flops but…
Only $8.95 from Amazon.

I got a pair for my BFF at Michael’s for just a couple of dollars so they’re around. It was a lot of fun to dance in those at the reception! Oh wait, I do have a picture of the ones I got:
 John Patrick Photography www.tinkley.com

My photographer thought they were awesome. Brad always knew how to find me on our honeymoon…just follow the Just Married marks in the sand :) 

There were also some monogrammed soaps. They are boxed up somewhere in the black hole that is our storage area downstairs (my entire life got boxed up and I’m clueless where most things are right now). These are from an Etsy dealer and just as beautiful:
 $3.00, SafiyaBeauty on Etsy

There you have it. Usable. Fun. Practical but “different.” Remember that monogrammed for a newlywed is pretty much a surefire. Or so I hope so. I got some monogrammed “C” goodies to put in my future sis-in-law’s bachelorette gift. 

1 comment:

  1. I love all things monogrammed. Always a great gift for a bride to be!

    ReplyDelete