Thursday, September 9, 2010

Christmas in...September?

I love Christmas. I love Christmas themes, I love the Christmas season, I love all things Christmas. I demand to put the Christmas tree up on December 1 and would leave it up until July if Brad would go along with it.

I’m the only granddaughter on one side of my family.  I had another great aunt who had no children. Long story short, I have 4 sets of fine china that I inherited when I got married. It goes without saying that the last thing I wanted to register for…was fine china.

But I was getting MARRIED! I wanted to register for something fun!!

Do you remember me saying how much I loved Christmas?

The solution – Christmas dishes!

Growing up, my mom always had Christmas dishes that she would bring out after Thanksgiving and we’d eat on those dishes until the end of December. It was just that little extra thing that put us all in the Christmas mood.

These are some of the mix-and-match Christmas dishes we registered for last year.  Brad thought I was out of my mind when I told him I wanted to register but I think now he “gets” it and he might even look forward to it. Maybe. Possibly. We’ll see.
I have a few different ones, since it's mix-and-match, but you get the idea. These are at Belk's

There is a point to all this by the way. Last year for Christmas I bought one of my closest friends a set of Christmas wine glasses. She moved back to her hometown in Florida a few years ago and then I moved to Maryland so we’re approximately 1,049 miles away now. Wine always brings us back together though. I bought the wine glasses from JCPenney’s but I found these suitable replacements.

For a little lighter and fun wine glass:
Amazon, $19.99

And for the more formal wine glass:
 Macy's, $37.10 for 4

Why are Christmas themed glasses or dishes a great gift? Because once a year, they’ll bring those out of the Christmas boxes and think of you and how thoughtful and usable your gift is! It’ll be a novelty, but a novelty that might just help them in the Christmas spirit each year. It could be an icebreaking topic…”My friend so and so had the funniest story to tell about these glasses…” Or they could just simply be something they never thought they wanted or needed…but realized how fun they really could be! Just make sure to get something dishwasher safe. You don't want them to spend the whole month of December scrubbing in the kitchen, right?

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment