Friday, September 3, 2010

Going Bridal today...just not for the Bride!

I got married October 2009 and I think I spent half the time running around trying to find that perfect gift…for everyone else! I wanted everyone to understand just how much I appreciated their support, love and occasional knock on the head to bring me back down to planet Earth.

My mother is fabulous. I’m not just saying that either. I actually asked her long ago if she would be my Matron of Honor one day but she declined, saying she’d really prefer to sit on the front row and just cry (tears of happiness, of course!).

My mother in law is also pretty exceptional. I’m fortunate to have a MIL who loves me like her own daughter (or she does a great job of pretending one! ;)). She has two boys (bless her heart!) so I tried to keep her in the loop through the whole process.

I also gained a sweetheart of a grandmother in law. Three of my four grandparents had passed away by the time I was in the fourth grade (one before I was born) and the other my freshman year in college. That being said, it meant SO much to have a grandparent attend the wedding and be so excited for it.

My lovely mother reserved the day before the wedding to throw a Bridesmaid’s Luncheon for the women in the wedding – my maid of honor/bridesmaids/flower girls/guestbook attendants (I’ll get to their gifts on another day).  I am a deeply personal person and spill out my emotions and feelings constantly. I know a lot of times gifts are given out at the rehearsal dinner but I had some pretty personal things and knew there was the potential for tears involved so I wanted to give my gifts the day before.

Speaking of tears…the gifts for the mothers and grandmother…

For my mother:
Felicia's Fancies, $27.66

You can adjust the font, colors and symbols - since I got married in the fall, I put a maple leaf as the symbol.

For my mother-in-law:
Felicia's Fancies, $25.45

It's hard to see, but it says "Name, Thank you for raising your son to be the man of my dreams"

And finally, for my new grandmother:
Felicia's Fancies, $17.95

It simply says, "Grandmother of the Groom" and the date

Whether any of them actually needed them during the ceremony, I'm not sure (I had a few other things on my mind at the time!) But I still think they are practical, affordable gifts - not just for wedding moments. The handkerchief I carried down the aisle was a bonnet I was given as a baby - it actually came with instructions on how to turn the bonnet into a handkerchief on my wedding day.

If you're crafty, this is something you could even do yourself. If not, there are plenty of options for cute and affordable handkerchiefs out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment