Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mountain Climber Dude Thing?

Another post-honeymoon gift story.
In St. Lucia, we stayed at a resort where there were multiple bars and restaurants we could go to each night. The resort was going through renovations, and we got into the habit of going to one of the post-renovated bars before we’d head to dinner. This bar had been decorated very modernly but not in a cold way. In the bar, there was a wall full of these cast iron mountain climber guys. Brad thought it was one of the coolest things he’d ever seen.
Now. We got married in October so obviously this was on my mind when I started doing my Christmas shopping. I consider myself virtually an expert in Google, but this one threw me for a loop. I mean, what do you call this thing?

I tried everything. Mountain climber. Cast Iron. Man. Dude. Rope. You think of it, I was googling it, trying to figure out how on earth to find it. The bartender at the resort had said that the owner’s wife had decorated it and brought everything in from Europe.
Finally….after literally over a month of searching online every single day…I found it. Surprisingly enough, only a few hours away. I went ahead and ordered it (and sent it to my brother’s house so Brad wouldn’t suspect anything).
On Christmas morning, I brought it out (a long, skinny box that was clearly weighted on one side). Everyone thought it was a golf club. Brad opened it…and was pleasantly surprised.
And no one has doubted my Google skills since!

No comments:

Post a Comment