Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oh Christmas!

I loveeeeeee that Christmas is coming up because it's my chance to really go crazy with gifts. I'm going to have to be careful which gifts I put up here before Christmas, but I'll update with all of them after Christmas. I'll be able to remember, too, because as my co-workers learned on Friday, I have color-coded Excel spreadsheet with each and every person I'm buying for (along with two birthdays during the holidays), what I'm giving them, where I'm getting it from, if I've bought it yet, if I've received it yet and if I've wrapped it yet. I'm telling you, this gifting thing is an obsession.


I think it's a pretty safe assumption that the men in my life won't read this so I'll start on them first. Plus, guys are the hardest to buy for, right?


So I don't know about you, but when my brother and I were growing up, we had an Atari. We weren't a family who did nothing but play in front of the t.v., but the Atari was quite the novelty to us. I remember watching my big brother play a lot, admiring how he could actually make Donkey Kong get up the ladders while I could barely pick up Big Bird's eggs out of a basket. 


We still have that old Atari, somewhere. It doesn't work anymore, but it's around. The funny thing is, I had already bought my brother's Christmas presents this year. I was only online, looking for more gifts because a co-worker had asked for opinions on a gift for her family. Then...I came across a Christmas show-stopper...

It has about 40 classic games, pre-loaded onto it. Hooks up to any modern TV (how freaky will it be to be playing Atari on a 60 inch flat screen??). It's only $34.99 and, thanks to my fantastic credit card points, yet another free-to-me Christmas gift (bringing my "free gift Christmas" total to about $176-that'll be another blog post). 

It's supposed to arrive this week so I'll update if it doesn't meet my expectations. But I'm anticipating this to be a "holy crap" kind of Christmas gift. The other Christmas presents I bought him are just going to have to wait until his birthday. It's in February, they'll last :)

No comments:

Post a Comment