Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What's on my list?

I’ve had multiple people ask for lists of what to get me. I’ve told most of them I don’t need anything (true statement, other than clothes that fit from this weight loss but that’s more fun to pick out yourself) but here are a few things that I think would be fun:
I used to do pen and ink drawings in high school and I loved it. I did one of my grandfather which ended up in the school calendar of artwork…one of my brother and I as kids…one of an old building…you get the picture. For whatever reason, doing pen and ink soothes my soul and calms me. I haven’t done it since high school but I always want to get back into it…just never seem to have the time. It’d be nice to have a hobby for “me” again.
My “out there” gift would be a metal detector. I’ve wanted one of these since the first time I saw someone on a beach using them. I just know that I’d find my long lost fortune if I only had one of these…
My favorite bottle of wine. I’m really hoping I get this one for Christmas. I dropped VERY heavy hints to the hubby when we were in Charlotte this weekend. I have never been able to find this wine ANYWHERE but this one wine shop in Charlotte beside a running store we both used to work for. I know he was at the running store visiting with friends this weekend so if he knows what’s good for him, he stopped by and picked up a few bottles for me. Otherwise, I’m buying it from a place online that only sells it by the case and it’s going to set him back a few hundred dollars. Did I mention my birthday is in January?
A Carolina Panthers t-shirt. Everyoneeeeeee up here is Redskins (like my hubby) or Ravens. I’ve always enjoyed being a little different and have decided to choose this year as my inaugural “Panthers Fan” year – partly because it’s my first full football season in the north and partly because they STINK this year so no one can accuse me of being a bandwagon fan.
So there you have it. My list. I'm expecting the bottle of wine and possibly the Panthers shirt (I mentioned both to hubby). The pens I'll probably wind up getting myself for my birthday and the metal detector is just a dream :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha...I love that you choose to pull for the Panthers when they stink. So classically you! :)

    ReplyDelete