Monday, December 6, 2010

The struggles of gifts

Quick update, hubby’s going to live – doc said his lungs looked much better. We get results back tomorrow, follow up on Thursday and another CT scan in 6 weeks but he was back to being annoyingly ridiculous yesterday so I deem him back to normal!
My brother got married Friday. His fiance’s birthday was last Tuesday. Then there’s Christmas. It’s a lot of gift-giving in a short amount of time but that’s okay. I’m up for the challenge.
I already said earlier I’m giving her address labels for her birthday. Now it’s time for Christmas.
My original gift was a Newlywed Cookbook (hey, my brother said she was on a cookbook kick right now)

And a cookbook stand (Amazon) $14.99


But turns out, great minds think alike and my mom already got her a cookbook stand :P (I guess we know where I got my gift giving abilities from?)
Plan B.
On to Bed Bath and Beyond!!
They had registered for white square dishes at Crate & Barrel. Problem is, there is no Crate & Barrel around here. Luckily, I found this pretty little serving set that I think will match their dishes.

Price tag is $34.99 but we know Bed Bath and Beyond always have super coupons, right? Put that with the gift card I redeemed from my credit card points and total cost to me = $0.00.
Oh, and if anyone is wondering…that Flashback Atari set? A total hit. One of my brother’s college friends was also up when we were doing Christmas and I got the high-five from him and the “How is this humanly possible?” from my brother. To put it into perspective, it beat out the bike Santa gave him when he was 5 years old. Take that, Santa J

No comments:

Post a Comment