Monday, July 18, 2011

Remember this blog where I said something was in the works? Well, it's time for my little update!

What I had planned was quite possibly the best gift I could have ever planned. Thanks to Gotham Dream Cars, my husband drove 6 exotic cars with me as the passenger! The Ferrari was in the shop (hate when that happens!) but we drove a Porsche, two Lamborghini's, an Aston Martin, Bentley and finally a Mercedes. I really don't know how else to describe it, so I'll let the pictures do the talking...



Just having fun in NYC was enough gift for the both of us, I think! But it was an absolutely amazing experience. It kind of stunk because it rained horribly through most of the morning - flooding conditions, actually. But they gave us a phenomenal deal to come back within a year and try it again.

I HIGHLY recommend Gotham Dream Cars, though. They were ridiculously knowledgeable and super impressive. They have a lead car and a trail car and you just have to stay in between those two. The lead car will radio ahead if they see a cop or something, but they can't help you if you get pulled over. Although, who wouldn't want a speeding ticket in a Lamborghini to take home as an extra souvenir?

It's not cheap - with tax it comes in right under $1,000. BUT, we got a great deal on our hotel, a cheap shuttle in and out of the city and once we were in NYC, we barely spent any money. We just walked around and enjoyed everything together. I'd been budgeting for this since January and regardless of what some people have said, it was worth it to me. We had a great time together, doing something that most people will never do and it made incredible memories for us. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Want to see all of the professional pictures?  Click here!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is exactly what Brandon wants for his 30th birthday!!

    He has told me for awhile that for his birthday, he just wants to get some awesome car and drive it for the day. I told him we will save that for his 30th/midlife crisis birthday :)

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find any other places that do this? I'm just thinking that I'm not sure we can do the whole whirlwind trip to NYC as well as the car rental thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried responding at work, but it just wasn't having any part of it!

    I looked around for other places, but the only other place I found (that I was willing to pay for) never returned my calls. There's this place: http://www.excitations.com/ but I felt like they were pretty expensive...their "dream car" was $700 more than what I paid.

    They only do the tours Tuesday-Thursday so the city is actually relatively calm (as calm as NYC can be, anyway). But I really do recommend it. These people seriously know what they are doing and make it a fantastic experience.

    ReplyDelete